Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Friday, October 13, 2006

Little Miss Colombina Has a Cunning Plan...

It came to my attention that my little daughter has big plans on her mama’s precious things. Apparently, “when she is bigger” she is going to have my books and my “breakables”. By “breakables” she means my perfumes! So in order to try and protect my perfume cabinet I came up with a counter-plan. I am going to start building up her own little fragrance collection. Since she has never worn perfume before (and as far as I am concerned, is still a tiny little baby) I decided to start her gently, on alcohol free fragrances from the adorable La Petit Prince line, namely Dessine-Moi un Mouton Eau de Senteur Tonique and Eau de Senteur Apaisante.

Dessine-Moi un Mouton Eau de Senteur Tonique is a grapefruit water meant to be used at day-time. It is a gently refreshing scent that could actually be a starter grapefruit fragrance for the grapefruit-phobic. The first accord is bright but not harsh and soon goes away leaving behind a softly-candied citrus trail. It stays close to the skin and you have to put you nose right to the wearer’s skin to smell it. Since the wearer is one’s own little one, the process is immensely enjoyable.

Dessine-Moi un Mouton Eau de Senteur Apaisante is built around a chamomile note and is a fresh and fairly sweet floral fragrance, soft and soothing. It lasts much longer than the Invigorating one and actually has some sillage. As it develops, it becomes warmer and actually not unlike Guerlain’s sadly defunct Aroma Allegoria Apaisant, with its strange, alluring, almost-gourmand linden note.

Both scents are undeniably lovely. When I put them on my daughter, she seemed to enjoy them very much and kept sniffing her little wrists. Both Dessine-Moi fragrances are also entirely wearable for an adult, either as an easy-going, no-brainer refreshment on a warm day, whenever a strong scent is not appropriate or as comforting bedtime scents.

Dessine-Moi un Mouton Eau de Senteur Tonique and Eau de Senteur Apaisante retail for $20.00 for 100ml. The stores that carry the line can be found at Berjangusa.com.

And while I was writing this review I happened to see the announcement that tomorrow The Little Prince collection will be making its west coast debut at Studio at Fred Segal. The “intimate launch party” with “exquisite French food and beverages” will take place at Studio at Fred Segal 500 Broadway Santa Monica , CA 90401 on October 14th 12:00pm - 3:00pm.

23 Comments:

Blogger tmp00 said...

Well my dear, after nigh unto half a century on the earth (ugh, I'm 27, really), I can only type that the apple only rarely falls far from the the tree.

My godchild last year asked me for Acqua de Parma for her birthday. I was so pleased.

1:22 AM EDT  
Blogger chayaruchama said...

This may be a weensy bit costly, but my children adored Eau de Campagne, for its gardeny greenness- I'll bet she'd love a tester of that...

Also, the lindeny loveliness of Eau de Ciel would be heavenly for her...

Amour de Cacao, too, and Matin Calin, gourmand to little ones as well...

Years ago, I used to volunteer to do language development w/ inner city kids, and I always baked, wore these, and wore washable velour...they were so sensory deprived, they craved real food, lots of affection, and auditory/olfactory stimulation.

Would you like me to make up some atomizers for her?

Just let me know, I'll send them out...

Kisses-

6:24 AM EDT  
Blogger elle said...

So cute about her having plans for your precious things! :-) My canine child only has plans for whatever is remotely edible. Since I do suffer grapefruit phobia, I may have to go sample that one and see how it works on my skin.

7:33 AM EDT  
Blogger lilybp said...

Oh, this is adorable! I hear the rose one in the Petit Prince line is very nice, too. Now, my stepdaughters are around 20--1 more and 1 less (considering Tom's post and feeling aged) and don't live with us. I'm quite sure they use perfume, but I'm ashamed to say I have no idea which ones. Must find out (afraid it will be something yucky-fruity, quite sure it won't be as cute as yours:)

7:47 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Tom,
Aw, you are 2 years younger than me then, since I am 29 :-D

You godchild has such elegant taste. Takes after her godfather.

8:38 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Chaya,
You are the sweetest! I am sure those poor kids absolutely adored you. I believe I have samples of the scents you listed, and now I have a perfect excuse to finally buy Matin Calin. I'll just tell myself it's for the little one. :-)

8:40 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

L,
Well, of course she always want whatever it is I am eating too :-) Unless it's buckwheat or any sort of kasha. Little foreigner that she is, she doesn't understand the wonderfullness of those. :-)

Oh yes, this Invigorating scent would definitely be gentle enough if you are not sure about grapefruits.

8:42 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Judith,
I wonder what *do* they wear. What do girls that age like these days. For all we know it mind be something unexpected.

8:44 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

A,
Sorry about that! Blogger is evil.
And thank you so much for liking the new look :-)

8:45 AM EDT  
Blogger priscilla said...

Hello M! I love this sweet post. I remember when I was little, Avon (I know, "ugh" and big eye roll, but still) had these perfume minatures with solid perfume in them, and I coveted them! I don't think I wore perfume until I was a teenager, though, unless my mother spritzed hers on me for some special occasion.

Have a lovely weekend!

9:59 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Thank you, P! I actually think these Avon miniatures are quite collectable, no? I am sure there are some adults coveting them :-)

10:01 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your daughter sounds adorable.
Your plan is ingenious, but I wonder if it will truly deter her from your "breakables". ;-)
I am tempted to try the rose one that lilyofbp mentions, but with so many roses on my must-try list, I doubt I will get to it.
Thank you for a refreshing review.

10:56 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Thank you, P! I am sure her having her own little perfume collection won't make mine any less desirable for her :-) If she gets an idea into her determined little head she doesn't rest untill she achieves her goals...so I probably mnight as well give up. But the thing is, all these baby scent sare so cuuuute. I want them :-)

11:13 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marina,
These sound sooo lovely! I want to go out and get them =)

-Monica

12:22 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Monica,
And you should! :-) They are so affordable and so lovely. I like the grapefruit one, but I really like the chamomile scent, so delicate and pretty :-)

12:26 PM EDT  
Blogger IrisLA said...

My tweener daughter started on Escada Island Kiss. Yeah, pretty sophisticated. That's because she tagged along with Mom on sniffing forays.

By the way, I really like La Rose du Petit Prince. Too bad I'm busy or else I would attend the Fred Segal launch party.

1:16 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Iris,
I wish you could attend. I'd love to hear the report about the exquisite French food and stuff :-)

2:06 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can just about picture little T. sniffing her little wrists. Go, Mom!! Ah, the thought of converting your own kids to perfume is just more than I can handle... ;D

5:06 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Ina,
I was playing with my Le De bottle while she was napping, she comes into the room after the nap and asks, what's the smell, is it a perfume, can I have some? :-) Aww.

5:27 PM EDT  
Blogger Erin said...

Such an adorable post. I always hold tester ribbons under my seven month old's nose to see if she approves of the latest releases. She seems happy enough - although she always wants to grab and eat them - but the SAs go over the moon with seizures of shock, amusement and joy. I figure she'll sneeze or scrunch up her face if they're too much for her. These baby scents sound lovely. I'm only familiar with the Tartine et Chocolat ones....

11:00 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Erin,
Aw, 7 month...that's the cutest age! :-) After we passed the first, frankly unbearable, 6 months, when she seemed never to sleep at all, and started sleeping through the night...*sheds tear* Magical, magical time...:-)

11:09 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And what are the recommendations for a 9 year old boy? My grandson received bath gel and scent by Roger & Gallet (I think that's the right spelling) from his mother and me on his birthday--we are trying to get him off the dreadful Axe! Apparently Axe is what all the male classmates are wearing :-( Any suggestions for young men are appreciated!

8:15 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

E,
Tell him Axe is not cool. Boys might believe the commercials, but girls know that Axe is just not cool at all :-)

I don't know if he might consider it too tame and cutesy, but The Petit Prince line has a couple of boy colognes, I believe.

10:38 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home