Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Monday, February 02, 2009

Comme des Garcons 2: Perfume Review

If I were to come up with perfumes to represent times of the day, Comme des Garcons 2 would be Morning. The pleasantly sharp floral-inky-rooty top accord is a wake up call after which the fragrance settles into a softer, cuddlier feel of a leisurely Sunday AM.

Having given a nod to the de rigeur Comme des Garcons quirkiness (ink + aldehydes + incense do create an at once familiar and alien accord, one that is as odd as it is oddly attractive), the scent relaxes into what I personally consider to be quiet comfort. A tea note gives the scent a cozy, "domestic" feel, the balsamic sweetness of labdanum, magnolia, woods and patchoui makes it pleasantly fluffy...this is a scent to wear when snuggling under a blanket with someone you like a whole lot... wearing his t-shirt...sharing New York Times and bagels with cream cheese...

To cuminophobs and fellow cuminophiliacs I have to report that the note is present but delicate...like a hint of sensuality in that idyllic NYC morning together.

CdG 2 can be found at luckyscent, $100.00 for 50ml.

Labels: , , , , ,

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The CdG line is one I haven't explored enough. Husband and I adore Zagorsk and Avignon which are hard to find and $$ if you do (in our area). I've been wanting to try this one for ages. Thank you for affirming how much I do!

What a lovely song! So very calm and soothing. Goes so well with my tea as I'm approaching lunch time. Mornings, however, require something with more kick (salsa, gypsy, Verka Serduchka) to tire out baby :-)

Have a wonderful day!

Lovethescents

11:59 AM EST  
Blogger elle said...

Love that song! Also love this CdG. Super comforting for me.

5:17 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The song is magical. And I do love the CdG 2. The ink is the part I do love so much.

7:28 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

S,
Verka Serduchka?!?! :-)) But...how, HOW do you know her/him? :-)

7:39 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Well, Willie Wonka,
Maybe it's because he is not a Manhattan native :-)
And you know what, he even shares chocolate with me :-)

7:41 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Natalie,
I agree that is perfect all day long. And I LOVE the smell of new snazzy clothes :-)

7:42 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

L,
Glad we agree that it is comforting!

7:42 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Quinn,
You know, ink may be the part I am drawn to the least, even tough I find it very interesting.

7:43 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marina! :-)

My husband is Russian (I'm Hungarian, although that part doesn't matter). I fell madly in love with Vso Budet Harosho a few years ago and listened to it constantly when I was pregnant. Baby loves it now too! Now just TRY and tell me it doesn't get you moving in the morning?

Lovethescents

8:27 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

S,
Oh, I see!!!
I secretly love Verka Serdyuchka, don't tell anybody :-))

8:30 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that! I'm trying to imagine a fragrance that would go well with that song....I think you're on to an interesting theme here with CdG2 and 7 Baboker...

Lovethescents

8:35 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Something tacky but loveable. :-) I am thinking Pink Sugar :-))

8:48 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you imagine that I have never tried Pink Sugar? If it smells like it sounds then I was thinking of something a little bouncier and with more 'bang' and aggression...like 10 Corso Como. Might have something to do with all those Okhotnichya-induced nights at сова (disco)....

Lovethescents

8:57 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

I want to come party with you guys :-))

8:58 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look me up when you come to our city! I'll get the Zubrovka ready!

9:05 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Yeah, baby! :-)

9:06 PM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sound like a party to me! :-D

I never even heard of this perfume before, obviously I need to try more CdG soon!

Oh, and why is my Word Verification "cackle?" :-D

4:11 PM EST  
Blogger danush said...

Beautiful song. Yael Naim is gorgeous, we're so proud of her here in Israel.Funny but I haven't heard many of her Hebrew songs, mostly English and French.

12:36 PM EST  
Blogger Marina said...

Danush,
I actually think the Hebrew songs are the prettiest, on this album

7:47 PM EST  
Anonymous AZZARO PURE LAVENDER said...

I actually love that perfume fragrance & also Love that song.

6:06 AM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home