Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Party Time!

By Tom

I know I'm late to the party (PerfumePosse got here there in September), but these are new to LuckyScent, and, well, okay they aren't that new but the samples are sitting here and I'm lazy.

The Party in Manhattan is what Colombina would call a Proper Perfume; something that isn't necessarily clearly one scent. It's also a proper perfume in as much as it's not anything shy or retiring. This isn't even a little black dress of a perfume: it's an Jean Louis gown with opera-length gloves. I'm just going to copy and paste the ingredients from LuckyScent: Bergamot, tangerine, clary sage, carnation, carrot, jasmine, May rose, ylang ylang, iris, vetiver, patchouli, oakmoss, and gray amber. I'm going to add that there's a big dose of skank in there in that old-school perfume way we don't see much of anymore. I'd like to see more.

The Ten Party is the stalwart companion to the seductive PinM, with it's bergamot/lemon/lavender opening it could be redolent of about 10 other things, but it isn't. It's clean and handsome, with a woody/musky drydown that's gorgeous. I could easily see the vixen who wears Party in Manhattan filching some from her conquest to freshen up before breakfast is delivered, in bed of course.

Party in Manhattan is $265 for 50ML, which is enough to last you until doomsday. Ten Party is $160 for 100ML, at LuckyScent.

15 Comments:

Blogger Beth Schreibman Gehring said...

OOOOOhhhhh....That box...That bottle....the promise of Skank! I'm just the vixen for the job:) Wow Tom...thanks for whetting my appetites! The look and sound simply gorgeous!

2:26 AM EDT  
Blogger Aimée L'Ondée said...

Thanks, Tom! I appreciate the review of what is reportedly a skank-monster to rival my beloved Bal a Versailles....
But ack! It's backordered at LuckyScent. A sample from TPC may be in my future....

10:56 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Beth-

I think you would love this and it would love you back just as much.

12:16 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Aimee-

I think it's worth a trip to TPC!

12:16 PM EDT  
Blogger violetnoir said...

Ooh, ha, ha! Love your description of the Ten Party, my dear!

And, I hope to see you hanging out at Scent Bar soon, too.

Hugs!

12:32 PM EDT  
Blogger elle said...

The very second I get home I'm going to be hunting down my sample. Great review! I don't think it was available in the US when I first tried it (samples was courtesy of TPC). Thank heavens for LS!

12:56 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it smells like a very sheer Amouage Jubilation 25 (women's version) in the drydown.

~Dawn

2:29 PM EDT  
Blogger Tania said...

I tried PiM, but my skin killed it ded in 15 minutes! Hardly a whiff left. I was so disappointed.

3:05 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Robin-

Hope to see you soon as well!

4:21 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

elle-

I would love to read how you find it!

4:21 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

dawn-

I need to seek that out then. I love the drydown on this.

4:22 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Tania-

Too bad! But, $265 saved, right?

4:23 PM EDT  
Anonymous Tara said...

It's awesome, and like Dawn said, a lighter scent than Amouage Jubilation 25 but along the same lines. I don't get much skank from PiM.

5:04 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Tara-

Amouage is stronger? Gotta try that!

6:30 PM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

OK Tom, I am now even more determined to try this one! I love "perfumey" perfumes, as you know, and I think I could pull this off. Steep price tag, so will probably only get a sample, but wow!

10:43 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home