Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Weekend Beauty - Nail Polish: For Audrey

Some polishes deserve posts dedicated just to themselves. And none is more worthy of such attention as For Audrey by China Glaze, THE shade that started my nail polish obsession. Nothing makes me more "divinely and utterly happy" than receiving a blue Tiffany box...well maybe receiving an orange Hermes one...and For Audrey is the exact match of that signature green-blue color.

For Audrey is a cream, it goes on smoothly and evenly, and needs no more than two coats to look exquisite. Even if it was a disaster quality-wise, it would still be worth it. Whenever I wear it and catch a sight of it on my nails, I can't help but think that, "oh golly gee damn", it's so pretty! Definitely one of my Top 10 shades.

China Glaze polishes are invariably great quality, come in a huge variety of colors and are reasonably priced. If you don't know them yet, it is worth seeking them out. Look for them at transdesign.com and head2toebeauty.com.

Labels: , ,

18 Comments:

Blogger Beth Schreibman Gehring said...

Wow!
Iove that colour!!!!! I also love anything that comes in that box.....I am such a hedonist;) I have no shame!!!!!!

1:08 AM EDT  
Anonymous Lavanya said...

oooh..soo pretty!!! I've been waiting all week for your weekend nail polish post..:)

1:32 AM EDT  
Anonymous lady jane grey said...

Now I'm curious what are your other 9 top shades !

5:17 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Beth,
I have no shame either :-)

8:56 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Lavanya,
I am so glad you like the series!

8:57 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

M,
Maybe I should do a post.

8:57 AM EDT  
Anonymous Victoria said...

I would never have thought that robin blue can look good on nails, but you've convinced me. I am going to finish up my Easter cooking and then I will get my nails done. Maybe, my salon has this shade.

I love these series! Please continue. :) And bowing to your request, I've resurrected my flavor-fragrance series.

10:19 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Vika,
Happy Easter!
You know what, this color is kind of Easter-y. :-)

10:21 AM EDT  
Blogger Gail S said...

I've had For Audrey for a while because the color was so awesome, but didn't really wear it much. At the time of purchase I really liked shimmers best and all the lovely cremes were pushed aside. But for about the last three to four monthe, I've been in love with cremes in all shades, so I believe you've inspired me to try this one again today. It will go nicely with Drama Nuui :)

10:23 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Gail,
How lovely to see you here! I think it would go with DN :-) Would compliment nicely its beautiful coldness that is not harsh.

10:24 AM EDT  
Blogger lovethescents said...

What a beautiful colour! So many lovely blues are fashionable now: Essie's new line, including Sag Harbour, are so much fun. Happy Easter!!

10:38 AM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

S,
i was eying that one ;-)

10:54 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no! Not another nail color to seek out! I just purchased Opi's You Don't Know Jacques! (currently wearing), Parlez-Vous Opi?, and Tickle My Francey on your recommendations. I, too, love L'Audree boxes. . .and mushroomy colors.

I fear launching a new aqua blue obsession.

My consolation? Yesterday, after my polish splurge, I walked into Needless Markup, acted entitled. . .and scored a huge sample of Champaca Absolute.

Your blog entices me to seek out these fun splurges. Have a lovely weekend.

1:05 PM EDT  
Blogger elle said...

Gorgeous color for Easter celebrations this weekend! Gorgeous color period. :-) I would, personally, be happier w/ an orange Hermes box than one from Tiffany's (not that I'd dream of being churlish and complaining), but I *much* prefer the color of Tiffany's boxes.

3:33 PM EDT  
Blogger Madelyn E said...

Marina, I love this color ! I also love your nail polish series. your hands look great by the way.
I am wearing reds these days . Any chance of posts on classic reds and or pinks ?

4:03 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Anonymous,
I am very glad to hear that. This is what we are here for- to entice :-)

4:26 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

L,
Why choose? BOTH. :-)))

4:26 PM EDT  
Blogger Marina said...

Madelyn,
Thank you! I hope to do pinks and reds at some point too.

4:26 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home