Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Two out of Three...Odin 02- Owari and Odin 03- Century

By Tom

Clearly I've been struck blind. I was in ScentBar this weekend (I know, it is a well used phrase in my life) and ran across these new scents. I asked for samples of the two there and then came home to find that I somehow missed one. Odin 01-Nomad is tonka, sandalwood and juniper apparently. Someone else chime in as to whether it's all that.

Odin 02- Owari is mandarin (from the Owari province in Japan), bergamot and grapefruit leaves. I get grapefruit: fresh, delicious and sweet. After a while it adds pepper and musk but never really veers from the tart and refreshing citrus. No bad thing that.

Odin 03- Century is clearly hunting bigger game. Odin writes that it's a "modern interpretation of the chypre family". It opens woody with a hint of mint, then deepens with patchouli (listed as "subtle patchouli") and finishes with amber and a touch of musk and, yes, OAKMOSS. Hallelujah and praise Odin! Yes, you can get a real fragrance with the dreaded oakmoss, and yes you can smell it in there, and oh baby is it a good thing!

In your face, IFRA!

Available at Aedes, Luckyscent and the Odin stores in New York City, $110 for 100ML, which you should also call and thank them for...

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

Blogger Illuminated Perfume said...

Gotta love your comments Tom. So, is this a natural or mixto?

12:08 AM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Roxana-

I don't think this is all natural. But it is very nice and I was just so absurdly pleased to read "oakmoss" on the website. I'm hoping since I did smell it in there (albeit hardly in Germaine Cellier doses) it's the real deal.

Of course if you want to whip up a little something of your own. Like a green, smoky chypre with a citrusy jasmine topnote.. Not that I'm asking mind you...

12:48 AM EST  
Blogger Flora said...

Tom, they both sound great, but 02 has me written all over it....

1:04 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just loped in here in the midst of doing other things -- and I see 'oakmoss'. Oh, I am so there! I intend to be fully supportive with my personal, massive buying power. -- annunziata

12:03 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

D-

and we expect a full report when you try it!

12:48 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

annunziata-

I think that's a very good thing!

12:49 PM EST  
Anonymous Marian said...

That mint note in Odin 03 has me thinking ahead to summer. You didn't mention "toothpaste" so this will definitely be on my next Luckyscent sample request. Thanks for the heads up!

5:55 AM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Nope, not toothpasty at all!

12:18 PM EST  
Blogger Norma said...

I got a sample of 03 Century -- and I think it maybe jumped immediately in my top 10, maybe top 5, of all time.

I've worn it 3x now and I'm just smitten. It's crazy good.

8:27 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Norma-

Isn't it? And for niche, the price point is great...

8:44 PM EST  
Blogger Ducks said...

The Odin stuff is so attractive to me.

Tom, your "not-a-request" sounds glorious. It should exist.

1:18 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

ducks-

I would love it if it came true!

5:12 PM EST  
Blogger 99Perfume said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:32 PM EST  
Blogger 99Perfume said...

Its great to see a variation of new fragrances under one brand. The Odin 02 sounds like it smells excellent.

5:33 PM EST  
Anonymous Claudia0219 said...

Wow...i love 01 and 03 and ordered both, i know these do not last super long on your skin.....03 more so the 01, but these are very well done. And NO 03 not any toothpaste mint in sight...LOL...these are seriously lovely.

11:09 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home