Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Friday, April 02, 2010

Get More Bent: Smell Bent Desperado, Prairie Nymph and Saddle Warmer

By Tom

Last year I had the pleasure of meeting Brent Leonesio the youthful founder of the house Smell Bent, which featured fun little numbers that were (and are) not only delightfully affordable but also really, really good. The past week he let me know that he's going in a slightly different direction, adding EdP sprays to his collection of oils. From his original collection, Bollywood or Bust, Violet Tendencies and Commando have become available in sprays as well as three new Western themed ones:

Desperado is blood cedar, black seed, opoponax, gingergrass and saffron. It's the darkest and the most "manly" (yes, but I like it too) of the three. While certainly not a clone it definitely has that Lonestar vibe going on. It was pretty much my immediate favorite.

Prairie Nymph is honeyed beeswax, carnation, clementine, and soft musk. The opening is very much about the fruit, candied with the beeswax, like opening a jar of home-made marmalade. Then it gets a lovely musk to it. It reminds me a lot of Rich Hippie. Actually it makes me glad I didn't buy Rich Hippie, as nice as it is.

Saddle Warmer is white sagebrush, green peach, a splash of moonshine, and trail grass. It's a lovely green sagey thing with the fruity peach nicely balanced by the dry sagebrush. Of course, anything that has a splash of moonshine has my seal of approval..

All of these are available in a travel size of 4ML for $6.50 each or 5 for $25. Full sized bottles are 55ML and will be $45 at the Smell Bent website. He provided me with samples of the six. The large bottle of Commando in my future will be my purchase.

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Mals86 said...

I live not far from Franklin Co, VA, Moonshine Capital of the World (google it, I'm entirely serious).

I love the idea of Smell Bent, I love the art and the clever ad copy, I love the reasonable prices. But I admit that I haven't been tempted by the notes of any until Prairie Nymph. (What is UP with these nymphs all over the place suddenly, BTW?) Marmalade, carnation, and musk? I must sniff this...

10:40 AM EDT  
Anonymous Aparatchick said...

I find the Prairie Nymph is calling my name: honeyed beeswax, carnation, and clementine? Mmmmm - sounds good.

12:40 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Mals-

Get the sampler and try a few. They're really nice and so inexpensive..

1:41 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Aparatchick-

It is good!

1:41 PM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

Wow, these sound delicious! I think that either the Prairie Nymph and the Saddle Warmer would suit me just fine.

12:14 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

d-

I think they would!

2:08 AM EDT  
Anonymous Marian said...

I wear Indian ouds, vintage Cabochard, Tabac Blond, and Jolie Madame are some of my favorite scents- I'll bet you can guess which of the 3 I'd go for. But I wish that line drawing was of a cowhand wearing a skirt ...

12:35 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Marian

I love that!

1:48 PM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saddle Warmer is piquing my interest, would love something peachy (besides Mitsy, not that this is anyplace near Mitsy, but I digress) ... something peachy that didn't smell like fruit cocktail.

2:53 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

divalano-

give it a try. It's not a lot of peach, but it's nice...

11:10 PM EDT  
Blogger Ducks said...

Now I want some Prairie Nymph. Yummy. I'm going to have to get me a sampler.

11:40 AM EDT  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with Mals86. The marketing is spot on and the prices are great, but they just don't sound like they smell that nice. I might be tempted to try the Prairie Nymph, but usually I prefer my perfume and cologne to smell a little more floral.

12:15 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Eric-

I understand completely. Having read some of the notes in the earlier ones I thought I might not like them at all. I was really pleasantly surprised by them.

7:59 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Ducks-

You should! It's so nice to have something so reasonably priced out there that's also interesting

2:22 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home