Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Fairchild by Anya's Garden

By Tom

Anyone who thinks that natural perfumes aren't as rich, as lush or as transportive as ones made with commercial synthetics have never tried scents like the ones created by Anya McCoy. There several of hers that I really love. Fairchild is one of them, even if it isn't really me.

Fairchild is all about the tropics: a technicolor tropics straight out of an MGM musical, one of those lush ones with Dorothy Lamour in a sarong. It's all lush jasmine and citrus blooms and salty waves. Unlike some other scents that try to do the south-seas vibe, there's no cliché coconut, no eau de Coppertone. What there is there is an incredible richness that makes me think of a 40's scent, but not with a lot of throw. You have to lean into this one. Trust me, you'll want to.

Maybe this is me after all..

$100 for 15ML. I sampled from her website ($7 for .5ML)

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Gaia said...

It is you, believe me, my twin ;)
I love Fairchild. It sends me to some glorious destinations.

12:14 AM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

I love this one too - it is such a rich floral ,and it lasts well for a natural. Anya is very talented!

12:30 AM EDT  
Anonymous Olivia A said...

Goodness, Fairchild sounds swoonworthy... Haven't gotten a chance to try any of Anya's scents yet, but so want to!! Soon, soon... :-) Thanks for the extra nudge!!

12:56 AM EDT  
Blogger Sharon Freeman said...

I am just beginning my natural's journey, discounting my love affiar with essential oils for many years. I look forward to trying these. Thank's for the review

2:25 AM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Gaia-

Why am I not surprised?

8:14 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Donna-

That she is!

8:15 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Olivia-

She has a great sampling program that gives several wearings to each!

8:15 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Sharryn-

I started mine a few years ago, and it's really a wonderful journey..

8:16 PM EDT  
Blogger anyasgarden said...

Dear Tom, everyone:

Thank you for your lovely comments. I had considered retiring Fairchild, but it has a cult following, and I have reconsidered. It is a floral/citrus/salty/chypre and yes, one of a kind.

I adore that men find Fairchild appealing and interesting.

Sincerely,
Anya

5:19 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home