Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Etat Libre d'Orange Fils de Dieu

By Tom

Etat Libre is a house that has grown on me over the years. They started out with ones that I liked but never quite fell for, like Rien, They added ones that I really, really liked, such as Like This. They always come about thisclose to getting me but somehow I just never quite go all the way. On the Posse I reviewed one that I really liked, but didn't quite get me there either: Bijou Romantique.

I think Fils de Dieu might have gotten me there.

It also opens with bright bergamot (what doesn't these days?) this time with ginger. It adds coconut and cardamom, but somehow never becomes foody.  It also doesn't become "beachy" in the Coppertone way that coconut can sometimes go. The white flowers (roses and jamine) in the middle are interestingly paired with discernibly starchy rice note. Then at the end of it it adds in leather and musk at the base.

I appreciated Bijou.  I think I'm purchasing Fils de Dieu..

$80 for 50ML at LuckyScent, where I asked for and received the sample


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home