Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, August 23, 2012

A Dozen Roses: Amber Queen

By Tom

Out of the blue I was contacted by this company asking me if I would like to try their new scent, Amber Queen. I of course said "sure" and they offered to send a (sadly empty, and one that I'll have to ship back..) bottle to photograph. If I was just reading the listed notes, I'd be heading for the hills:

TOP: Apricot, Clementine, Ginger
MIDDLE: Bengal Rose, Signature Rose Absolute
BASE: Amber, Myrrh

I'm glad I didn't run. It's a lovely, feminine fragrance that's almost to me the olfactory equivalent of butterfly wings. The sweetish fruits lead into the soft roses and when the amber and myrrh kick in it really sings. It's cool and summery and an easy choice in our sweltering (well, LA sweltering...) summer. It's no more me than a Pucci dress and espadrilles, but it can't always be about me, now can it?

Better yet, it's even a decently priced: $110 for 3.4 ounces. Available exclusively at Bergdorf Goodman and Neiman Marcus, coming fall 2012. My sample was from the perfumer.

Photo: my iPhone.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fabulous! and I love the bottle. YummO
Portia xx

2:53 AM EDT  
Blogger Flora said...

I wonder if this is supposed to smell like the 'Amber Queen' rose? It is one of my favorites, a golden rose with a "musky myrrh" fragrance. It sounds very good!

11:52 PM EDT  
Anonymous Joan said...

Cool! I'd like to try that one. Pretty bottle too!

8:27 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

It is a nice bottle, isn't it

8:49 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Donna-

Maybe that's it!

8:50 PM EDT  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Joan-

Yes, it is. Even cooler in person..

8:51 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home