Luckyscent
Fragrance X
Indiescents
First in Fragrance
99Perfume
ExcelsisUSA
Parfum1
My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, NY
© Copyright 2005-2011 Perfume-Smellin' Things
All rights reserved
Custom Search

Thursday, December 13, 2012

WWYW- Birthday Party edition

By Tom

Today I went to a birthday party. It was at Spago, where I'd never been before. I was the only man in a group of about 40. I am friends with about half of them and was invited by the birthday girl, who jokingly said "are you sure you'd like to be alone in a roomful of women? (Husband) wouldn't on a dare." Of course I answered "well I consider myself one of the girls.."

Of course being ladies from the real Beverly Hills they ran the sartorial gamut from just-came-from-elementary-school jeans to Chanel suits. I recognized a few scents that I really love: Joy, Fracas and (the real, original) Chanel No 19 I recognised, all applied in the proper "you can only smell me if I choose to hug you" daytime strength. There were others I didn't recognise, but they were lovely ones. I'll have to shoot off a few emails to find out what they were. I wore nice Khakis, a blue blazer and a tie. Oh, and one spritz of Féminité du bois.

What would you wear to a ladies who lunch lunch?

Wolfgang Puck came through at one point to say Happy Birthday to the birthday girl and clapped me on the shoulder on his way out of the room, saying in that singular accent "How'd you manage to be the one man in this group of women?"

My answer? "Blind luck"..

Image: Basenotes

Labels: , , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

Balmain Ivoire is the supreme ladies' lunch scent. She's a pleasant, attractive, affable lady, but a dignified one who does not smile on command.

12:43 AM EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lunch? Shalimar, Batucada or Iris Nobile EdP currently.
I love to lunch with the ladies.
Portia x

7:13 AM EST  
Blogger marsha said...

Hey Tom: My lunch scent is currently Tam Dao. However, my late husband was always at his best when he lunched with the ladies because he had six aunts. He didn't wear any lunch scent.

9:11 AM EST  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hmmmm, for Spago, probably Jub25, very discreetly applied.

I was lucky enough to dine at L'Orangerie a time or three, and for that it was usually Joy. Chasen's probably got the full on Opium treatment, since I'd have been trying to fend off all the Giorgio and Bijan....

9:56 AM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Martha-

Can you believe I've never smelled that? I'll have to seek it out..

4:34 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Partia- Good choices!

4:35 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Marcha- Tam Dao is a good one!

4:35 PM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

Tammy-
Nice choice!

4:36 PM EST  
Blogger Flora said...

My vintage Nettie Rosenstein Odalisque would be perfect; it smells like old money. Gotta at least try to fake that! :-)

12:11 AM EST  
Blogger tmp00 said...

D- I have to try that one of these days..

12:08 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home